LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I introduced myself here not long ago, but
I think I might be gay... I'm curious how other people handled coming out, or if some people are still keeping it quiet

I confided in one of my closest friends today, and he said I was just being childish, meant to be with a man, just going through a phase, but that he'd pray for me to be cured!

Kinda hating my existence this morning :oops:

I think I might be gay... I'm curious how other people handled coming out, or if some people are still keeping it quiet

I confided in one of my closest friends today, and he said I was just being childish, meant to be with a man, just going through a phase, but that he'd pray for me to be cured!

I told my mom flat out the first time. Didn't really tell the rest of my family though, I just let them kinda put 2 and 2 together (amd they still haven't really done that besides Mt brother. My dad and grandparents still think it was just a 4 year phase with one person.).

Then I explained what I (at least, think) am to my mom again 7 years later when we were watching a show amd she had questions. Again, brother knows, but I'm not even going to try and tell the rest of my family until I need to.

It's okay to be uncertain, and I get the kinda hating yourself part. I still have my times where I wonder if it's real or if I've deluded myself into thinking I am when I really am not. But its.not worth the energy you spend hating yourself to do so.

You'll start figuring out more if you really feel that way or not when you embrace it. I first came out to my mom beginning of high school, but due to family and other students, never embraced it.

Now that I finally embraced it so much later, I'm starting to be more comfortable with it all.

I told my mom flat out the first time. Didn't really tell the rest of my family though, I just let them kinda put 2 and 2 together (amd they still haven't really done that besides Mt brother. My dad and grandparents still think it was just a 4 year phase with one person.).

Then I explained what I (at least, think) am to my mom again 7 years later when we were watching a show amd she had questions. Again, brother knows, but I'm not even going to try and tell the rest of my family until I need to.

It's okay to be uncertain, and I get the kinda hating yourself part. I still have my times where I wonder if it's real or if I've deluded myself into thinking I am when I really am not. But its.not worth the energy you spend hating yourself to do so.

You'll start figuring out more if you really feel that way or not when you embrace it. I first came out to my mom beginning of high school, but due to family and other students, never embraced it.

Now that I finally embraced it so much later, I'm starting to be more comfortable with it all.
I cant imagine being told its a phase, for that long a period of time. That must be so frustrating. It's awesome that you're able to embrace yourself now, though.
My family are difficult, if I told them what Im thinking I would probably end up being abused for it. So embracing it is hard without any support...
The worst thing is Im in a relationship with a man, and he's lovely, we're very close. But I've realised I dont have those feelings for him, at all, and I dont want to hurt him. But I dont see any other option. It's hard

I cant imagine being told its a phase, for that long a period of time. That must be so frustrating. It's awesome that you're able to embrace yourself now, though.
My family are difficult, if I told them what Im thinking I would probably end up being abused for it. So embracing it is hard without any support...
The worst thing is Im in a relationship with a man, and he's lovely, we're very close. But I've realised I dont have those feelings for him, at all, and I dont want to hurt him. But I dont see any other option. It's hard
It's kindest to let him know before he finds out. My partner began ghosting me near the end of our relationship, but refused to be /he person that ended it. So I had to after I realized they were never going to look at me the same way they did before.

I don't hate them, but I do hate how they made me feel the months they basically ignored me before I finally ended it.

Support luckily comes in many ways. You may not have family that will support you, but you do have people here at least that will

It's kindest to let him know before he finds out. My partner began ghosting me near the end of our relationship, but refused to be /he person that ended it. So I had to after I realized they were never going to look at me the same way they did before.

I don't hate them, but I do hate how they made me feel the months they basically ignored me before I finally ended it.

Support luckily comes in many ways. You may not have family that will support you, but you do have people here at least that will
Thanks! I'm glad to have this thread to come to about this stuff.

That must have been a really hard end to the relationship, that sucks.
I've talked to my partner about all this, and he believes me and gets it, but still doesnt want me to leave him-
It's going to be a hard breakup for him and I both but I think it needs to happen, sooner than later. It's hurting my mental health, and I know it's going to hurt his too.

I'm sorry. I hope he comes around.

For anyone having a bad day, have a photo of Archie exploring around outside next to our chicken coop
20220907_090427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom