LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Why form an LGBT community? It is my opinion that this is how segregation and separation begins. It doesn't matter if you are male, female, gay, lesbian, straight, white, black, etc...you get the idea, I would say this about any group that wanted to segregate....if you love chickens; we are all the same.
I know this is an old comment, but two reasons:

Firstly, folks in the community have a lot in common, so this thread acts like a bit of safe place, full of support and acceptance. We do not always get that. Even on lovely forums like this one

Secondly, no one is excluded, there are plenty of LGBTQ+ allies on this thread. Anyone who supports us and accepts us is welcome here. If you consider this segregated, then surely the coffee threads, the art threads, the religious threads, are also segregated? It's just a topic theme. A community within a community.

I know this is an old comment, but two reasons:

Firstly, folks in the community have a lot in common, so this thread acts like a bit of safe place, full of support and acceptance. We do not always get that. Even on lovely forums like this one

Secondly, no one is excluded, there are plenty of LGBTQ+ allies on this thread. Anyone who supports us and accepts us is welcome here. If you consider this segregated, then surely the coffee threads, the art threads, the religious threads, are also segregated? It's just a topic theme. A community within a community.
Please know that when I wrote this I truly did not put two and two together that there were “off chicken topic” on this site.

Y'all I feel like there's a weight off my chest, I talked to my sister yesterday about being abro, liking girls-- and she was SO supportive. She already thought I was bi, back when I had a boyfriend, but now she knows I want to be with women and she's so supportive :D
Feels good to have support so close to home

Please know that when I wrote this I truly did not put two and two together that there were “off chicken topic” on this site.
It's okay, and I know your comment wasn't disrespectful or anything, I just wanted to explain my view.

I think it's nice having so many threads and topics here, of course it's mainly about poultry, but still :)

Y'all I feel like there's a weight off my chest, I talked to my sister yesterday about being abro, liking girls-- and she was SO supportive. She already thought I was bi, back when I had a boyfriend, but now she knows I want to be with women and she's so supportive :D
It's always nice to have people support you

I'm very happy to read this. :hugs:hugsA hug for you, and one for your sister.

Back
Top Bottom