Lice and mites

aldanfac

Chirping
Apr 16, 2023
Maryland, USA
Hi guys so I just discovered a lice and mite infestation on one of my baby chicks.. I have permethrin now but I brought him inside the day before yesterday because I thought he had cocci and needed treatment for that.. my question is how easily does lice and mites spread to humans and cats… I am so nervous I have made a huge mistake please let me know

Not very, they like chickens better.
Good to hear, I also just found out about permethrin being toxic to cats 🫣 I have done my best to keep it contained but do you by chance know anything about this… I am so mad I brought it into my house without doing the proper research but I was so nervous about my chick.. this is a real mess

Good to hear, I also just found out about permethrin being toxic to cats 🫣 I have done my best to keep it contained but do you by chance know anything about this… I am so mad I brought it into my house without doing the proper research but I was so nervous about my chick.. this is a real mess
Your cat will be fine, do you have a dust or a spray?

I have the dust.. that’s why I am a little worried I am afraid it’s airborn.. i’m also a huge worrier naturally I always am so worried about my animals lol I really hope i’m dramatic though
There should be enough to hurt your cats unless you were crop dusting the area, a vacuuming should be enough.

There should be enough to hurt your cats unless you were crop dusting the area, a vacuuming should be enough.
Thank you you made me feel better I always get myself worked up lol. I just had it in a bowl and dusted the chick with my hands it never came out of the bathroom and now the chick is still in his bathtub which I want to try to get him back outside now thst I am aware.. I have sure had a fun start with my chickens this year😂

Thank you you made me feel better I always get myself worked up lol. I just had it in a bowl and dusted the chick with my hands it never came out of the bathroom and now the chick is still in his bathtub which I want to try to get him back outside now thst I am aware.. I have sure had a fun start with my chickens this year😂
Animals are surprisingly good at avoiding thing that will hurt them. Don't worry too much

Back
Top Bottom