lice and mites

I suggest on bathing them in natural gaurd It is to rid bugs amd not.in any way can hurt your chickens.

You should then place Vaseline on their legs before the go to roost.There for no mites can crawl into their feathers and begin sucking their blood.

P.s,Put the Natural gaurd all over.(Rub ut all over the vent area,in the neck feathers,in the crest bone area,all over the breast.)

I suggest on bathing them in natural gaurd It is to rid bugs amd not.in any way can hurt your chickens.

You should then place Vaseline on their legs before the go to roost.There for no mites can crawl into their feathers and begin sucking their blood.

P.s,Put the Natural gaurd all over.(Rub ut all over the vent area,in the neck feathers,in the crest bone area,all over the breast.)
is lime ok to use in their run, or even around the OUTSIDE of their run will help with the smell for one thing as well

We have an area where I toss the woodstove ashes in with sand and they dust bathe in it. This keeps the lice and mites away. I know this for a fact. We had a mite problem once before. Since using the dust bathing area with ashes it has not happened again.

is lime ok to use in their run, or even around the OUTSIDE of their run will help with the smell for one thing as well

Lime burns skin which means it will also burn the chicken's feet and if they get it in their eyes while dust bathing it will blind them.

And yes, lice can be prevented. I use frontline on my birds occasionally to prevent lice and mites (puppy spray not the drops).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom