Lice eggs

Southern Ann

Songster
5 Years
Mar 9, 2015
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
I have a show on Saturday and I have killed all live lice but there are eggs below the vent area. Is there any way to get rid of the eggs? I have used oil and tried to pull them off the feather shafts but they are very hard to pull off. Any ideas?

Depending on the severity of the lice infestation, going in and plucking the shafts with lice eggs may not decrease fluffiness too much. For experience, I also know that you can crush the things with a pair of pliers, which makes it easier to pull them off of the feather--but I think it's harder on the chicken than plucking is.

Good luck!

Thank you I'll try to crush the eggs then pull them out there's only about 20 feather shafts that have eggs on then and it's only in one area.

I have a show on Saturday and I have killed all live lice but there are eggs below the vent area. Is there any way to get rid of the eggs? I have used oil and tried to pull them off the feather shafts but they are very hard to pull off. Any ideas?
Depending on the severity of the lice infestation, going in and plucking the shafts with lice eggs may not decrease fluffiness too much. For experience, I also know that you can crush the things with a pair of pliers, which makes it easier to pull them off of the feather--but I think it's harder on the chicken than plucking is.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom