1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lice Problem?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Ratzy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ratzy

Ratzy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    My three Isa Browns have lice, and I've been treated them for it a few months ago, which seemed to work, and then I've been treating them for a few weeks up until now but it seems to have very little effect. Have the lice grown immune to it? The chooks seem healthy apart from being a little underweight and scruffy, but I've found some weird shaped eggs recently? Could they have some other problem too, like worms?

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    What are you treating them with? One application of seven dust followed 10 days or so later by another application should do it. Did you treat the coop and roosts? What are you treating them with?
    sharon

3. Ratzy

Ratzy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2011
    A lice powder I found in the chicken/hardware store. The only product I've been able to find for lice. yes, I treat the roosts and nests.

4. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    I suppose an immunity is possible. Switch to another kind? I have also used ivomec pour on and many people on here have used Adams flea and tick spray. What is the active ingredient in what you are using?
    sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by