lice removal by drops on chickens neck?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by augiedranch, Dec 18, 2008.

1. augiedranch

augiedranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Texas
    is there such a thing? if so where can i get it? i heard on the internet somewhere there are ivermectin drops u put on the back of the chickens back to killl external and internal parasites. no vets around here work on chickens. i work at a vet clinic, so i can get products easily.

2. Mrs. Mik

Mrs. Mik Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2008
    I would love to know about a product like that, too! Thanks!

Julie

3. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    http://www.chickenhouse.me/poultry-wormer--chicken-wormer--ivermectin-08-10ml-137-p.asp

It's
    on this site.

Poultry Wormer | Chicken Wormer | Ivermectin 0.8% 10ml

Chicken Wormer IVERMECTIN Drops 0.8% 10ml (SPOT ON TREATMENT FOR MITES)

Now available without veterinary prescription!

This poultry wormer treats all Mites and Lice in Birds and small animals (rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets and rats etc.)
    For treatment for fur, ear and manage mites/scaly face in homing pigeons, large cage birds, parrots, chickens.
    Just apply drops on the back of the neck every 3-6months for healthy worm, mite( including scaly leg, scaly face) and lice free chooks, PERFECT!
    If you are suffering from mites in the chicken house then this is the best possible bird treatment BUT don't forget mite kill spray for poultry house treatment.
    Use 6-8 drops for each bird. 10ml should treat 30-40 birds.

Easy to apply with the dropper provided. Can also be used prophylactically. Product information sheet with dosage guide is included.

Contains 180 Drops of Ivermectin 0.8 % so is very cost effective.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2008
  4. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    On BYC site go to Learning center then preditors then mites. Good info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by