Lice?

Sep 22, 2020
Texas United States
Ok so I recently adopted a rooster that was going to be used in cock fighting, turns out he is the best man for my ladies(I was skeptical) well anyways I had him quarantined for about 1 week and a half and then I put him with the ladies. Well a week later I found out that alot of my girls have lice. I guess I failed on my part to check him for lice. What is the cheapest way to get ride of lice? And can it kill them if I take too long to treat it??

Ok so I recently adopted a rooster that was going to be used in cock fighting, turns out he is the best man for my ladies(I was skeptical) well anyways I had him quarantined for about 1 week and a half and then I put him with the ladies. Well a week later I found out that alot of my girls have lice. I guess I failed on my part to check him for lice. What is the cheapest way to get ride of lice? And can it kill them if I take too long to treat it??
To get rid of lice you should use DE, Diatomaceous earth. Just put it on your chickens and and it helps a lot. It worked for my chickens with lice really well.

Photo of the rooster?

Don't waste your time with DE, it's not effective against and infestation and it's can be a respiratory irritant. So many threads about infestations, people using DE and birds still being infested after weeks of treatment.

Go to TSC or similar farm store and get a Permethrin based poultry spray or dust. Dust/spray all your birds. Clean out and treat housing as well. Don't forget to treat the roosting bars.
If it's cold where you are, then dust would probably be best to use on the birds. Get the Permethrin concentrate and mix up a bottle to treat the coop - do this early in the day so it dries.
Repeat in 7 day intervals to rid of any nits that hatch, you need to break the cycle.

Photo of the rooster?

Don't waste your time with DE, it's not effective against and infestation and it's can be a respiratory irritant. So many threads about infestations, people using DE and birds still being infested after weeks of treatment.

Go to TSC or similar farm store and get a Permethrin based poultry spray or dust. Dust/spray all your birds. Clean out and treat housing as well. Don't forget to treat the roosting bars.
If it's cold where you are, then dust would probably be best to use on the birds. Get the Permethrin concentrate and mix up a bottle to treat the coop - do this early in the day so it dries.
Repeat in 7 day intervals to rid of any nits that hatch, you need to break the cycle.
Ok thank you!

Photo of the rooster?

I can get you a photo tomorrow as I am currently out of town.
Ok thank you!

Photo of the rooster?

X 2!

Photo of the rooster?

x3

Back
Top Bottom