Lie to me and tell me it's a girl. Do it.

Ok if yours is a girl so is mine
lol.png

62756_009.jpg

Quote:
Really?! I have a french black copper Maran rooster and an Ameraucana rooster (EE). I'm keeping my Maran rooster Pedro forever and ever, but the EE is going. So you choose barnyard barred mutt over my boys huh! lol. I do admit I love the barred pattern. I just don't know what I'd mix him with! Will the babies be mostly barred if he's the daddy?

Lets play lets pretend.......... pretend that your barred Rock is a Roo, If you cross the Barred Rock with a Rhode Island Red, you get a beautiful black bird, with a redish color feathering around the neck and beautiful blue and green sheen throughout the feathers, the Roo's are super handsome and the hens are stunning. But again, you have a girl, so no beautiful chickies for you my friend.
hit.gif

Well it is a rooster and with the light coloring it looks a lot like a Sex-link.

I hatched some eggs from a Light Brahma rooster over a Barred Rock hen and the roosters came out barred like that and all the offspring had feathered feet like the Brahma...

Chris

Quote:
Really?! I have a french black copper Maran rooster and an Ameraucana rooster (EE). I'm keeping my Maran rooster Pedro forever and ever, but the EE is going. So you choose barnyard barred mutt over my boys huh! lol. I do admit I love the barred pattern. I just don't know what I'd mix him with! Will the babies be mostly barred if he's the daddy?

He appears to be a maran/barreed mix (and I think that's what you said early on), which means he has the gene for the dark brown eggs. If you keep him, have you thought of breeding him with an EE or two to see if you can create a possible olive egger? Could be very pretty babies too.

Hasn't anyone else noticed the evidence of the wry tail on this young lady? Okay, it IS a cockerel, but since you want everyone to LIE to you about it...
If it is a wry tail, eat him and don't pass it on. Just sayin'

Back
Top Bottom