Lies and Deceit - A Fantasy RP

Pics

HoodedHuntress

Songster
Feb 7, 2017
In A Forest Invisible To Man
Rules:
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

When we cannot understand things, why do we so often place the blame on the innocent bystanders? Why can we not be sensible even in the time of distress? There are many faults with us, but perhaps the worst is placing fault on the innocent. When they have done nothing.

Storyline (summary at the end):

The mansion was held up by the sturdy brick that glittered in the moonlight, each individual grain of mineral shining in the dark, creating a painting of light to contrast the darkness that surrounded it. The wind was soft that night, causing only a few creaks from the wooden roof of the enormous house, heard by no one in the solace of the night. The pathway to the house was worn, riddled by the feet of many; there were certainly people here. A single light was on in the entire house, an ancient chandelier, lit only by one candle, strong enough to display the winged beings within, but weak enough for them to be concealed from the eyes of assassins in the night.

Inside one found the congregation of winged humans, a clear nervousness wafting through the air. All eyes fell on one man, an individual with dark brown wings and a sharp eye, that seemed to pierce your gaze once you looked at him. He was the apparent leader of the Aves. His stubble glowed in the darkened moonlight of the mansion as he stood before two hundred or so of winged-humans like himself, and he paced anxiously as they awaited for him to speak. He began with a simple “I’m sorry.” Heads looked up, expecting an apology for perhaps not protecting his wife better. Instead, he uttered eleven names, before adding “You are expelled. For the death of Marie.”

Some of those chosen kept silent, others filled with scorn and hatred for their king. The youngest, Natalie, began weeping in the arms of her mother, which prompted another toddler, the girl’s best friend, to begin sobbing as well. Natalie wouldn’t survive more than two weeks out in the cold. The leader muttered emotionlessly “An hour. You have an hour to leave.”

It is a month later. Now the Aves are split, those living in the mansion defending now against not only the humans but also the Banished, while the birds of the night have migrated south and are attempting to repopulate and restructure in the ruins of an old house. The human attacks are much more numerous and severe, and the news of winged humans has attracted new hunters in the area.

Excerpt from ******’s diary.

We have no leader. No shelter. Nobody. He keeps muttering on how he’s going to return to the mansion and murder everyone. It’s becoming difficult to ignore him. They deserve it, you know. No one stood up for us, and now we’re out here in the cold of winter. With no food, and no structure. He keeps telling everyone how he should be leader. And no one has opposed it, but I fear it is because they don’t care anymore. I actually like him. He’s a good man, just…depressed. Natalie died two days ago. It is cruel out here. I feel like the trees are smiling at me, waiting for me to fall, so that they can conceal me, my corpse never to be found. The wind bites. But at least we eat today. Jordan caught a deer, somehow. He told me he saw a human as well, whatever that means for us. I don’t know anymore. I’m just tired.

Species:

Aves: Aves are humanoids with wings of a bird attached on their back, to scale with the size of their human. Their bones are lighter than those of normal humans, so they can fly. They can also shapeshift fully into their bird counterpart but lose their ability to speak. Each Aves is given a special power, such as telekinesis, etc., which usually pertains in some way to the bird they are modeled after. Some of the Aves have been banished by the leader, those that are nocturnal or associated with the darkness, in a rage after the death of his wife. These Aves, which consists mainly of ravens and owls, have regrouped in the ruins of a human cabin in the South, where they now have to elect their new leaders, and are known as the Banished.

Humans: You know what humans are. The few that haven’t migrated elsewhere due to the Aves stay behind to kill them off, starting with their queen. The humans have an outpost currently hidden to the eyes of the Aves in the east, closer to the human empire, and live only to hunt the Aves. The humans have no access to magic, unlike the Aves, but can become Aves by being transformed, either unwillingly or willingly. There is an influx in hunters to the area after word got around of a hunt.

Things you need to know:

Magic: Each member of the Aves has a special magic ability, one that usually is associated somehow with the bird they are modelled after. It cannot be too overpowered, but options such as telepathy, telekinesis, etc. is fine. It takes time for an Aves to master his or her power.

Sparrow’s Rock: Humans can be transformed into Aves at this location, which can be described as a slight indent in the ground with five rocks surrounding it deep within the forest. Humans can be transformed at midnight if there is no moon. If the feathers of the bird that the human will become associated with when transformed are on all of the five rocks, and the human stands in the middle of the dip in the ground, then they will faint and awake an Aves.

Summary: The leader of the Aves, a group of humans who have access to individual magic and have bird features, has banished the birds of the night formerly living at their headquarters, a large mansion in the woods of Montana. Those banished have migrated South and are attempting to grow and restructure in the ruins of a cabin in the densest part of the woods. Humans also hunt the Aves, having small camps in the west. The original Aves not only hunt and defend themselves from the humans, but also show violence to the Aves of the night as well.

Human form:
Name:
History:
Personality:
Weapon:
Hunter or To Be Transformed:
Other:

Banished Form:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Bird Modeled After:
Special Power:
Weapon:
Other:

Aves Form (at Mansion):
Name:
Personality:
Occupation (At Mansion):
History:
Bird Modeled After:
Special Power:
Weapon:
Other:

Please give me suggestions and feedback. Should the intro be longer? Should I make parts more clear?

So, There leaders wife died, and now the Ave's(most of them) are banished and living in a old human house in the south, Correct?

Aves Form (at Mansion):

Name: Brigid (nickname Brid)
Personality: Fiercely loyal, friendly, and sweet, but if you betray her she will never forget it, and she doesn't trust easily.
Occupation (At Mansion): (What occupations are there?)
History: She is an orphan. Her parents were killed by humans when she was four years old, and she was raised by birds of the night. Many of the Banished were her close friends, people that she considered family. She never fit in with the others at the mansion very well.
Bird Modeled After: Livingston Turaco. Her wings are iridescent blue/green with hints of purple and vivid red undersides.
Special Power: She can hear so well that she can hear heartbeats. She hasn't yet been able to pinpoint anyone's location by their heartbeat, but she practices often. She can also tell when someone is lying by listening to their heart rate.
Weapon: A gun. She has amazing aim. If she could just learn to pinpoint location with her hearing she'd be deadly.
Other: She is 5ft 4in, with fair skin that has little white spots where freckles would be. She has vivid green eyes and long dark brown hair that has white, feathery tips. She keeps it in a long, thick dutch braid. She wears green and leaves-in-autumn colored clothes and a pair of scuffed yet always clean pair of dark blue converse. She is never without her converse.

Last edited:
Aves Form (at Mansion):

Name: Brigid (nickname Brid)
Personality: Fiercely loyal, friendly, and sweet, but if you betray her she will never forget it, and she doesn't trust easily.
Occupation (At Mansion): (What occupations are there?)
History: She is an orphan. Her parents were killed by humans when she was four years old, and she was raised by birds of the night. Many of the Banished were her close friends, people that she considered family. She never fit in with the others at the mansion very well.
Bird Modeled After: Livingston Turaco. Her wings are iridescent blue/green with hints of purple and vivid red undersides.
Special Power: She can hear so well that she can hear heartbeats. She hasn't yet been able to pinpoint anyone's location by their heartbeat, but she practices often. She can also tell when someone is lying by listening to their heart rate.
Weapon: A gun. She has amazing aim. If she could just learn to pinpoint location with her hearing she'd be deadly.
Other: She is 5ft 4in, with fair skin that has little white spots where freckles would be. She has vivid green eyes and long dark brown hair that has white, feathery tips. She keeps it in a long, thick dutch braid. She wears green and leaves-in-autumn colored clothes and a pair of scuffed yet always clean pair of dark blue converse. She is never without her converse.
(Occupations are like cook, hunter, guard, scout, etc)

Back
Top Bottom