LIES! LIES! LIES!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Czech's_chicks, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Czech's_chicks

Czech's_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
  2. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    [​IMG] Sheesh, that person's ignorance is pretty obvious.

3. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    I was so angry that I posted (2) additional ads about their lying and that people need to google things before they believe it. I even got up on the right side of the bed! The absolute nerve of that person to just out and out lie is amazing!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I didn't see the ad, I missed it!

5. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    It was advertising Americana hatching (sp?) eggs that had 0% cholesterol. [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sorry to say, that person must have been sadly misinformed or got a rare breed of chickens having NO cholestrol in their eggs!

7. WooingWyandotte

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Seriously! [​IMG]

8. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    They may just be uninformed. I have read many times that the eggs from ameracaunas (sp) are lower in cholesterol than the eggs from other chickens. What the basis for this claim is or how accurate it is, I have no idea.

9. Czech's_chicks

Jul 24, 2011
    Vista, CA
    Yes, this person was selling them as 0%. There were others who were just as miffed, someone posted another ad RE their ad title and said the same thing. If they were being SOLD for hatching, I would live and let live, but this was the selling point for the consumption of these eggs and that was just a bold face lie. They have since reposted for the same price but didn't mention anything about Cholesterol.

I sold eggs to a woman who saw that same ad and she was po'd because they were gauging based on false pretenses. I emailed the person who called them out on the carpet and she was angry because she could just picture some old lady needing to reduce her cholesterol and coming across that add.

I admit I was probably over the top, but when you could potentially harm someone with such false advertising, that's when it gets personal for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by