Life Happens- Mom's Health, My Health, and the man... **Update Pg 48**

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
Ok, let me start at the beginning. I have this friend, and he's a guy, and I've always had in the back of my mind... "I wonder if we could be more than friends?" Well, I found out through another mutual friend (keep in mind I have NEVER told ANYONE about my feelings for him) suggested we would make a cute couple. And he said, "Yea, I'd be ok with that."

th.gif

So great. Now I feel all akward hanging out with him... Not nessecarily in a bad way, but yeah. So anyhow, the other day I ask him if he would go to this wedding with me, coming up in a couple of weeks. He said he'd have to see what was going on. Then later he tells me that our mutual friend's sister is getting married that same day, and he was hoping we could do both.

th.gif

In the mean time, he gets his job back, so now he's not sure if he has to work that weekend (he'll find out his schedule tomorrow) but if he doesn't he still wants to go to both weddings. My friend's wedding is an outdoor wedding at 11:00 AM and the sister's wedding is in a church at 4:00. So we can do both weddings.

So here's where I need help. If he ends up not working, I need to find something to wear. The problem is, I'm only good at telling you the right camo to wear for what season. If I end up going stag, I'll probably just wear nice dark jeans and my dress(ier) blouse, but if I have a "date" I would like to look a bit nicer (I may even wear makeup). So my question is... a LBD is probably not appropriate for an August wedding, huh? Would I look rediculous in dress slacks and one of those shirt dress things? I'm so confused...

By the way, I don't even know how to act on a date. It's been a couple years since my engagement ended. This could be a disaster... Ok, I'm done rambling now.
duc.gif

Last edited:
Well, at least there is one advantage to this particular type of date...

The only way you could overdress is if you wore white!

Ask some other peeps what they're planning to wear ... if everyone's going to be wearing jeans then you should to... and you can give him a head's up that that's the case... it'd be a little weird to show up in a suit/dress to a BBQ you know? And... then ask him to do the same for the one where he knows everyone... and then go with what he says... scratch my back I scratch yours... some trust shown... and his answer to the question will also be his interpretation of the answer he's given... so if you go by what he says you know you'll at least have his approval... and he'll have yours too.

One less thing to stress over.
smile.png

Quote:
ditto

x3 throw a nice skirt on and a dressier top-even if its a backyard bbq wedding-first date...wedding.. dress it up girl go for it!!!

Quote:
ditto

x3 throw a nice skirt on and a dressier top-even if its a backyard bbq wedding-first date...wedding.. dress it up girl go for it!!!

Unless specifically told that one of the weddings is extremely casual, don't wear jeans. You don't have to get all frouffy, but dress appropriate for the occasion.

Hit the back corner of department stores and find a decent sun dress or midlength dress on sale. Get some dressed up sandals from Payless or other cheapie store, an all done
smile.png
Legs snow white (like mine?), get some spray tan from the drug store.

Actually, this is what I just did, for a wedding this weekend....though I'm married, I still SUCK at the whole knowing what to wear (I have about 5 times more camo than I have dress clothes). I ran the previous through my soon to be SIL, and was approved
big_smile.png

Oh, also, for my first wedding, I specifically put on the invite "Jeans welcome", and about half wore them (mostly the men), most of the women still wore dresses
smile.png

Quote:

Unless specifically told that one of the weddings is extremely casual, don't wear jeans. You don't have to get all frouffy, but dress appropriate for the occasion.

Amen to all of the above.

Any yeah, don't worry, be happy and be yourself.

Back
Top Bottom