1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Life in my Coop in north eastern Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Benbala, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Benbala

Benbala New Egg

Dec 3, 2015
    Rockland, Ontario
    Folks go have a look at my channel on youtube! Here's a link below.

I started this originally for my family and friends, but noticed that there is very little content from Ontario Canada and cold climates!

Enjoy!!

2. deacons

deacons Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2013
    New Hampshire
    Looks like a happy flock in the cold winter!

I also feed my hens most of my fruit/veggie scraps. I bought a couple of wire suet block holders, and nailed them up in a couple of different spots in the run. I'll use a big leaf of kale or lettuce, and wrap other veggies inside (like carrot peels, tomato cores, etc.) and then put the whole thing in the suet holder for them. It makes them work a little harder for the treat, keeping them occupied. They go nuts for the dark leafy greens, but they truly love berries and apples. Since I got chickens, I hardly every use my compost bin because they eat just about everything I had previously put in there!

3. Benbala

Benbala New Egg

Dec 3, 2015
    Rockland, Ontario
    Absolutely! Glad to see that Im not the only one trying to save on feed and to diversify my chickens nutrition!

Thanks for watching more to follow.!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by