Life is funny: things happen for reasons we just can't understand

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Early this morning my beloved BR, Dumpling, died after a short illness. I pretty much spent the night trying to save her. She took her last breaths in my arms. We buried her shortly thereafter. It was heart-wrenching.

Since then, several things have happened:

1. I've finally been able to finalize my order with MPC, which got a bit messed up during some pre-order frenzies that happened in Feb. I was able to add a barred rock and an australorp, plus a blue Polish. [​IMG]

2. DBF is talking about getting another chick. Dumpling was "his" girl - she was his fav as much as he was hers. He doesn't know about the MPC order add-ons. He's finally admitting to how much he is attached to the chickens.

3. I received this today, about a month after having helped a co-worked run an international competition in which this person participated. I was stunned.

Dear Jenn,

(...)This is a personal letter and since I had only your official mail ID, I am sending it to it.

I still remember the day when you had organized lunch and some guests had not cleared their disposable plates. Later you went around the room, collecting the plates, putting it into the dustbin and later dragging all of them outside where the garbage truck would come and collect them. Later when I commended you for it, you had said. “We do it for (my colleague). She does so much that we don’t have to think twice for doing such things”. I was stunned by the answer. Can someone be putting so much dedication and then easily give away all the credit to someone else. I tell my friends that with people like you, its no wonder US is a superpower and continues to provide thought leadership to the world.

Its so wonderful knowing someone like you and I would like to keep this friendship lifelong. Do send me your personal e mail ID (If you don’t mind), so that we can catch up with each other regularly and how each one of us is doing.

I am extending an invitation to you come to India and whenever you feel like it, you can come here and I will be the host for you. Hope you decide to do that soon!

I've always, always wanted to go to India.

Things just happen for reaons we don't understand. I'm still sick over losing Dumpling, and that won't change any time soon. But other doors and ways have opened for me & my household.​

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm so sorry about Dumpling. [​IMG]

That's awesome about the trip, Jen!

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    How wonderful Jenn. Sorry about your Dumpling I am battling to save my little Dominique, Domino right now. This morning she was listless and not eating or drinking. So in the house she came... [​IMG]

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:Oh - healthy chicken vibes headed your way. Having just gone through that, I have complete & utter sympathy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by