life is good

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck walk, Oct 23, 2009.

1. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    [​IMG][​IMG]

that is Uno the goose trying to decide if that is food in the trough or toxic waste...love those big goose feet

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    Cool idea for a feeder! Something else for my DH to make for the ducks that he wants no part of......he's already paid for and built the duck pen, and has been asking what kind of house do they need.....lol!! He's already a duck slave....heheheh. I don't even have ducks yet.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Yes, your ducks sure think so!!! Great job! They are beautiful.

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

They are gorgeous! I love the feeder.

5. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I am on a fixed income so I have to make a lot of stuff...the pvc pipe and caps I had...I just needed to split them...a bigger diameter would be better but that is what I had...they work pretty good...there are two in the goose yard and two in the chicken yard...if you use bigger pipe and can't fit the pipe into the blocks you can just use four wooden stakes or even a few bricks to hold them in place...easy to clean and light wheight except for the blocks! Them is heavy...[​IMG]

6. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    What a great idea for a feeder! I've got tons of cinder blocks hanging around. I'd just have to figure out a rain shield since it rains nearly constantly here.

7. rainplace

Quote:Yes, that's what I've been battling too! I don't really have anywhere except close to the house to keep the food dry, and even that gets wet because they get it all over the place. [​IMG]

8. TrystInn

TrystInn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Southern Arizona
    Rainplace - right now we're using an old cedar dog shed as the "dining room". We pulled off one side of the roof and installed hinges, so I can lift that side up and feed the ducks.

The gals love to lay their eggs in there, which thankfully makes them very easy to get to in the morning!

9. rainplace

I know what I'm getting next!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by