Lifespan of Muscovy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by H04, Aug 10, 2010.

1. H04

H04 Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    Hello! I was curious on their lifespan.
    Thanks;)

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have two 7 year olds that are laying/breeding/hatching strong!

3. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    I have an old hen that has to be at least 12 yrs old, and she has hatched one clutch of 18 this year and is now on her second. She seems to be doing quite well, besides I think she may have a little arthritis going on at times. She belonged to a friend for at least nine years, and when he died 3 yrs ago, my daughter picked her up in Michigan, on a clutch of 4 eggs, moved her to her house, where she hatched out 4 ducklings, then I brought her and her kids to Missouri, where she will live till she dies. I have no idea if that is the norm, but I have personally known this duck all these years.
    Meet Millie:
    [​IMG]

4. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    Millie is quite beautiful.
    she doesnt look a day over 5!
    wow, how lucky to have her around for so long.
    god bless millie.
    [​IMG]

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

A friend of mine has a drake that is in his teens. she says he's mostly inactive(breeding) anymore unless he sees a young boy near by trying to, then he breaks it up and claims her for his own [​IMG]

6. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    Millie says "Thank you for the compliment". She's a good old gal, and the most ferocious mother I've ever seen. NOBODY dares to mess with her babies. My daughter picked up one of her ducklings, and next thing she knew, Millie was setting on her head, biting her...LOL She'll attack the dogs, cats, or whatever gets too close to her kids. We love her to death, and hope she lives a long, long time.

7. BeccaOH

BeccaOH Morning Gem Farm

Oct 3, 2008
    east central Ohio
    Ahh, now I want a Muscovy. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by