Light Brahma Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]
    ATTACK OF THE GIANT BRAHMA! LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Looks like pullet, but they are hard guessing at since they mature so slowly....

Anything hatch from mine I sent?....

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Nope. [​IMG] Threw the last one out a few days ago. Most were clear, the others started to develop & then looked like they died about 14 days or so? [​IMG] This chick is the one & only of my brahmas that were killed last month. Not the best coloring, but she's the SWEETEST thing!

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Durn...Have to see about getting some more if you want them... sent 5 to TX and they were all developing.....

Have new pullets to add this summer so more eggs to gather I hope!..watch the older girls go into a molt now.....

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Cool....I'd love some more & will gladly pay for them... perhaps the airsacs were comprised during transit? Keep me on your list...I'm still very much in the market for some of your gorgeous birds! [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Here's one more pic.
    [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    equibling, how old? I'm guessing around 4 weeks? I know you mentioned that you didn't think that chick was that pretty, but that's just the ugly stage. I'll bet she/he turns out to be a real nice looking bird. And if it's about 4 weeks old, than I'm going with he.

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks! It's about a month, old...yes. Today was their first day out in the run & it was hilarious! They LOVED IT! This one is the flock leader.....and very bossy, but extremely friendly to me! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by