Light Brahma sick!! ??SOUR CROP?? HELP...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by OHMYCHICKIES, Aug 13, 2008.

1. OHMYCHICKIES

OHMYCHICKIES Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    She's been sleeping alot, doesn't eat but she does drink, full crop not hard but sandy feeling. Finally saw her poop and it's all white very little dark but it was watery. No solid poop.

Any ideas? She doesn't look sick, she walks with the rest of the flock but doesn't do anything but rest.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Im not sure, but it sounds like an impacted crop. Get some olive oil...and soak a piece of bread...try to get her to eat it. This will help move whatever is in the crop. All white poo, is her urine....the fact that there is no other color means there is no solids going through her system. I hope she recovers for you. Do you possibly have a vet nearby that can take a look at her!?

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Another thing you can do is massage her crop to help break up whatever is in it. If she won't eat the bread with oil you can always scramble some eggs and put oil in it.

4. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    no vet nearby but I'm gonna try the bread in olive oil.

5. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    she won't eat it. I'm massaging the crop, how long do I wait before I see something come out, if I do.

6. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    I was researching and maybe it's a sour crop. Because it's soft and something on her stinks. I think it's her breath.

7. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:Try scrambled egg with oil. I'd massage for 15-20 minutes, then give her an hour or so, massage again, and do that for as long as you can.

8. OHMYCHICKIES

May 28, 2008
    I'll try that next, thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by