LIGHT BRAHMA....Virginia...Shipping available

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, May 5, 2009.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    I would like to offer a shipment of Light Brahma day old chicks. Straight run. This rooster loves to throw pullets though. This is for 15 day old chicks that I can ship to you. Extras if available. I can let you know the exact date your hatch is set and they will be shipped 21 days later. Please keep in mind that we are privet breeders and cannot be responsible for whatever the post office does to your chicks. We will add orange/lemon wedges and some feed to keep them during shipping. I am in Virginia. I would not recommend having me ship to the west coast. I will not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, or any other country. It is your responsibility to know your state’s laws for shipping birds. I can set your order and payment will be due within one week of hatch, Paypal or Money Order accepted. My whole flock is first year layers so the roosters have not yet filled out to their full 13 lbs. copacity. These guys are just wonderful birds and great layers. Hens love to go broody and are great mothers.

$55 with priority shipping included.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Just to be a butt....the females are the ones with the sex hormones...it depends on them to throw the different sexes.

3. standardbanty

standardbanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    Any pics of breeders. Thanks

4. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Quote:[​IMG] Jee I thought it was the male of the species that have the XY chromosome! [​IMG] Well, I guess hormones could cause some major irritability...

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Quote:Pardon the Mud, It has rained almost non stop for two months!!! All of my LB breeders are first year layers and are not hatchery stock...They are 10-11 months old so still have some filling out to do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Quote:[​IMG] Jee I thought it was the male of the species that have the XY chromosome! [​IMG] Well, I guess hormones could cause some major irritability...

Humans are XY...chickens are ZZ is male, ZW is female! [​IMG]

See...aren't you ticked now? LOL!

Only thing you can blame the male for is if you ain't getting fertile eggs! [​IMG] Otherwise he's COMPLETELY innocent in the sex thing! [​IMG]

7. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    can anyone tell me what the difference between Light Brahma and Light sussex is. They are so similar.

8. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Light Brahmas have yellow legs, pea combs and have feathers on their legs and feet.

Light Sussex have white legs, single combs and no feathers on their legs.

9. aberfitch

aberfitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    Texas Fort Worth
    AaaaHAAA!!. Thank you so much!

10. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    And man how I wish I was trying to sell you Light Sussex....$$$$$ They are also the newest color in the sussex breed

Last edited: May 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by