Light Brahma x Buff Orpington cross?

ArekE

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 21, 2014
I have a chick that is a Light Brahma x Buff Orpington cross. The rooster is the Light Brahma and the hen is a Buff Orpington what will they look like? Good egg laying? Broody(if its a hen)?

Hi! I have one of these, only the other way around - hen was a light brahma and the rooster was a buff orp. She looks just like a buff brahma but with a little less black, and she is broody - she wanted to hatch this year. She lays very well. Of course, she is actually a sex link, because believe it or not, buff orp over light brahma makes red sex links. Very sweet, docile bird.

But does anyone have or no of the breed that im talking about?

I'm pretty sure the offspring are going to look and act really similar seeing as how it's the same two breeds involved in the cross. Then again, mixed breeds can end up wildly different, so even if someone had the exact cross you were looking for, it could end up that yours will be completely different, especially if the birds are from a hatchery and you don't know what could possibly have ended up in there, since hatcheries don't exactly have high quality, bred to breed standards stock, lol. Good luck though! Maybe someone will have exactly what you are looking for.

She came from our chickens and hatched on sunday i will post a pic.

I have three hatched light Brahma hen over buff roo. 2 are white with feathered feet the third looks buff with feathered feet what sex will they be or can I tell?

Back
Top Bottom