Light colored Easter Egger: Cockerel or Pullet? (w/new pics @post #20)

Oh awesome!! Thanks so much for the update!
smile.png

Here is the green egg with eggs from two different bantam cochins, my black hen, Penguin lays the brown one and my son's hen, THX 1138, lays the tinted one. Sorry I couldn't do it outside in natural light. It has been pouring rain all morning here.

P1280760.jpg

And here it is next to my kitchen walls.

P1280761.jpg

Last edited:
nice color, good thing the nest nor coop floor is the color of the wall you might lose an egg then from it blending in
lol.png

shes also looks to be a very pretty hen i havent seen that color before on an ee but know i have
big_smile.png

I took some photos of the pullet this morning; she is 21 weeks old as of today. It is still wet and miserable outside so she was not happy with me at all for bringing her out of her cozy coop. She was also upset about being separated from the flock; she sticks to her foster mom, my black cochin Penguin, like glue. Sorry about the poor focus on the first shot.

P1280818.jpg

P1280808.jpg

I ended up bringing her inside and sitting her on the dryer to get a few okay photos, but the colors don't show up as accurate in the indoor lighting.

P1280798.jpg

Her main color is a very pale gray or lavender color. It is more noticeable when she stands next to my white Cochin. Her beard is a slightly darker shade of blue (gray), and the top of her head is a mix of buff, dark blue, and more lavender.
P1280782.jpg

This is what the feathers on her chest look like:
P1280776.jpg

Back
Top Bottom