light for my girls-8 weeks old

chicks10

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 12, 2012
tampa fl
We have a light on all night for my chicks, cornish rock and barred rock, they dont go in the run if its dark, they are 8 weeks old. should they have constant light?

We have a light on all night for my chicks, cornish rock and barred rock, they dont go in the run if its dark, they are 8 weeks old. should they have constant light?
At 8 weeks you don't probably need a light for heat, unless maybe if you are in a very cold area.

Do you mean they won't go into the coop(chicken house) at night?
or they won't go into the run(outside fenced chicken yard)?
It is common to recommend that you lock the chicks in the coop for a few days to a couple weeks to teach them that the coop is home.
A lot of people report that their chickens won't go into a dark coop, but most find that they go in as dusk approaches.
They don't need a light, but it won't hurt them.

Imp

Thanks so much for replying to me, I am new at this and appreciate all the help I can get, I love raising chickens. I am in Florida so, no, its not cold, but I want them healthy, and where is the emerald city?

Thanks so much for replying to me, I am new at this and appreciate all the help I can get, I love raising chickens. I am in Florida so, no, its not cold, but I want them healthy, and where is the emerald city?
I hope I was of some help.

The Emerald City is Seattle's nickname.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom