Light sussex and Rhode Island Reds what sex ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by poodlegirl, Aug 1, 2008.

1. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2008
    London England
    I wonder if any of you out there can help me I have 2 Light sussex and 2 RI reds I think they are 6-8 weeks old but not sure of sex they are rescues and were in pretty bad shape
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    any help much apreciated ![​IMG]

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    They look like pullets to me. Anyone else?

3. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2008
    London England
    I hope so bangorr as a rooster would have to go back to the sanctuary im keeping my fingers crossed ![​IMG]

4. mazinmary

mazinmary Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2008
    i dont know about your chick but whenever i have hatched light sussex all the roosters apart from one have had gold feathers round the neck area and the hens never had so that might be a thing to look for

5. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I would guess both girls. They look pretty picked on [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I dont know but they look pretty happy now, I hope you can keep them. [​IMG]

7. poodlegirl

poodlegirl New Egg

Aug 1, 2008
    London England
    Thanks for all your help, yes they were all pretty picked on in a small enclosure overcrowded and only on mixed grain !the tiny sussex is the worst and my vet has given her a course of antibiotics for a respiratory infection !No gold feathers thanks for that tip , I hope they are all girls as ive become very attached to them all,Im watching them free range part of the garden at the moment and its lovely very peacefull.( the bunny has joined them also so keeping a close eye on them )[​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would guess both girls too, but time will tell. I think they have a good home now!

9. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    Ahh, you are from the UK. I was wondering where you would find a Light Sussex here! Good luck with your babies! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by