Light sussex eggs in the incubators - hope not lost

LocoPollo

Songster
Aug 13, 2008
Ellijay, GA
I finally got a hold of some light sussex eggs!! 18 are from tobe farms and 9 are from greenfire. greenfire also sent a couple of buff sussex eggs to round out the dozen, which I am really excited about! I put them in my incubators along with 8 more speckled sussex eggs. It is going to be a sussex party in there!!

Hatch date should be March 18th!

Here's hoping for a goodun'!!

Last edited:
WOW! I looked up greenfire and it says they are sold out of sussex for the season. You got eggs? Congratulations! Hope your hatch goes well.
fl.gif

Just candled and several of the shipped eggs are duds. Quite disappointing but not unexpected from shipped eggs. Looks like less than half are developing. The 'home grown' eggs from my hens are all developing.

** sigh **

greenfire is sold out till 2010
sad.png
hmmm maby I should make my own sussex color.....
At least I have my speckled....
And I emailed tobe farms...

Last edited:
well, of the ones from greenfire farms, none made it. 100 bucks down the drain.
sad.png

Still hoping to get some hatches from tobefarms.

Woohoo! Not as bad as I thought. My flashlight was losing power so i couldnt candle very well. I changed the batteries, and ... Turns out, five of the twelve from greenfire are developing!!!!! Six were infertile, and one died at looks about day 3 - blood ring. The other eggs from tobefarms have 7 of 18 developing. So looks like i may still get a good few from this hatch!

Your eggs are due a day after mine,would love to see them once they hatch as im on the list for some from tobefarms.These will go great with my speckled and soon red Sussex......

Back
Top Bottom