Light Sussex for sale?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NextGeneration, Feb 28, 2014.

1. NextGeneration

NextGeneration Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2014
    the U.S.
    Does anyone know any hatcheries that sell sexed Light Sussex?

2. NextGeneration

NextGeneration Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2014
    the U.S.
    I know that they are very rare in the U.S.[​IMG]

3. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

I think Sand Hill has them

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Sandhill does have them. They are straight run only though. The cold weather is also putting them far behind in their hatchings. No March hatches at all this year.

5. capsicum

capsicum Out Of The Brooder

I have a local breeder that does light sussex, in west WA. I ended up with a very nice cock from him.
    I know he dropped some breeds this year, though I don't know which. (he had about a dozen plus 3 turkey breeds last year)
    He doesn't vaccinate for marek's though and it's in my neighborhood(took out all but 2 of my chicks last summer, lab confirmed) so I haven't been back, as I can't afford a whole bottle of vacc. for the few chicks I buy.

editL Oh, yeah they are straight run.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  6. Bouvsgrl

Bouvsgrl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2014
    Chicken Scratch Poutry sells Light Sussex pullets. I got one from them and she's really nice. The owners are very easy to deal with and very responsive to inquiries. I'm not a breeder, I only have hens for eggs and "yard art" so cannot attest to SOP adherence but "Poppy" is beautiful to me :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by