and again
IMG_0009.jpg

and his wife
IMG_0011.jpg

thanks

nice looking little rooster
thumbsup.gif
nice, fully colored collar

mine is a split (light x coro), can i show him?
smile.png
he is large fowl

Hank
65b16739.jpg

excuse the hen, she found some mud

Last edited:
How old is the cockeral in the top picture? I really like the way the black doesn't bleed futher down his back and its where it should be. Nice light Sussex cockeral.

Hi from Ga. We have 50+ Australian Light Sussex. All are pure .
97415_100_0413.jpg

They are big and friendly birds. I've sold 37 Light Sussex in the last month. They are great birds.

have you noted quick growth in yours?

i've been toying with using my 11 one-month-old chicks as meat birds, because they've grown as quickly as my freedom rangers had.

i don't know how long they will keep this up, though. they do grow to be big birds, though! (the large fowl, anyway
smile.png
)

Hi from Ga. We have found that at about 5-6 months these birds are monsters. I have a processor coming out next week to give me a quote on processing my roosters ( about 10#s at 5 mo. ). I haven't eaten one yet but I will soon. They are a dual purpose bird. Raised for eggs and meat. Good Luck.
cool.png
The roosters will get up to about 12#s.

Last edited:
I have bred Light Sussex and have a very good friend in BC that has started a very intesive breeding program (were talking rasing over 300 chicks this year. She hatched more and sold more). I may be getting some light sussex from her (eggs) but need to email her. I do not like the Austrialan Light Sussex at all...

Back
Top Bottom