Lightbulb burned out! HELP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BackyardMix, May 18, 2011.

1. BackyardMix

BackyardMix Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2011
    The lightbulb in my homemade incubator burned out sometime during the night. The eggs are cold. Can I transfer them to my other incubator or are they already gone?

2. pinkado

pinkado Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    first, what kind of eggs
    second, how long are they cold do you think?
    how many days along are you

i had duck eggs, and the electricity went, and they were cold for like 8 hours, but i got heat on them, and they made it
    i have heard it said that at arounf 17 day into incubation they can produce there own bit of heat
    try it, put themin a warm incubator, and check in a day or so who made it

3. natchlaly

natchlaly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2007
    east yorkshire UK
    Quote:I had my fuse box trip out while I was at work yesterday and when I got home my eggs were also cold and the bator was at 69 degrees. I sorted the power out and heated the eggs back up again- we are on day 11 - and left them for a few hours. Before I went to bed I candled 5 of the eggs and saw movement in all of them so I would not panic just yet [​IMG]

4. BackyardMix

May 7, 2011
    Quote:I had my fuse box trip out while I was at work yesterday and when I got home my eggs were also cold and the bator was at 69 degrees. I sorted the power out and heated the eggs back up again- we are on day 11 - and left them for a few hours. Before I went to bed I candled 5 of the eggs and saw movement in all of them so I would not panic just yet [​IMG]

Thanks!

5. BackyardMix

May 7, 2011
    Anyone else?

6. valley ranch

valley ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

put a new light in the bator and send them on their way. They'll be fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by