Like Splash/Blue chix? Want lots of eggs? Then these are for you!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Wynette, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    WHOOPS!! Forgot to put how many eggs (sorry!). There will be 6-7 eggs included in this auction. I only have one Isa Brown hen laying, and she lays almost every day - in fact, last time I counted, she laid something like 43 days straight, then took 2 days off. She is in with my Splash Jersey Giant rooster.

This pullet is 24 weeks in this picture, and is sired by my Splash Jersey Giant rooster and his favorite gal, a red Isa Brown. I've only listed a few auctions on these, and so far everyone is hatching splash or blue chicks. This gal is white with a few small splash patches on her, and a red breast. Very interesting color combination, and I think she's just beautiful!! She's also quite laid back thus far. And a very quiet layer, to boot! She'll sneak into the nest box, lay her egg, and she's done & out without a sound.

She is quite large, almost the size of a good Jersey Giant hen (much larger than her Isa Brown momma). She laid her first egg at 19 weeks, 6 days. She laid sporadically the first week, but is now laying 5-6 days a week. Eggs are very good sized & I expect they'll continue to get larger. I need to weigh a few so I know how to size them, but my guess would be that they are a good, strong size "large" right now.

I hatched two others in a subsequent hatch and both were blue - a cockerel & a pullet. I am a terrible picture taker, but here is the blue cockerel at 12 weeks along with his NN friend:

[​IMG]

As you can see, he is blue with just a bit of red on his breast. He's VERY pretty, and I'll be sad to see him go when the time comes. The female JerseyXIsa that I also hatched would not stand for her picture being taken, but she looks very much like this little guy, only just not as much red in her breast - just a few feathers.

This is a PayPal only auction - payment due by 5 p.m. Eastern time the date auction ends; eggs will ship out the following day around noon.

(member Muggsmagee won two of my auctions for these guys - she had awesome hatches on both!)

Here are two more pics of the splash pullet at 8 weeks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    How many eggs is this for, and what is the Roo she is with.
    Thanks

3. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Quote:Sheesh - can't believe I forgot that important info.! Thanks for the reminder - auction has been updated (first line). Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by