Lil Coop in the Big Woods

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mylilchix, Jul 12, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Well our coop is finished, and the girls moved in last Wednesday. We still need to get the run up, but had that delayed after dh got his tractor stuck after it slide down a hill. Now that it's out of the ditch I'm hoping we get the run up this weekend. Enjoy the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We installed the new roost last night.

Sonja

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Great job [​IMG] Love the roost!

3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    That coop doesn't look so little to me! [​IMG] You're chicks are adorable!! I love the long, floor to ceiling type window too!

4. mylilchix

Thanks!! The windows used to be on either side of our front door, we replaced the door and thought the windows would be awesome in the coop. My hubby put little "window seats" under each window, so the chickens could look out. They love sunning themselves on the window seats. It's too cute!!

Sonja

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Great coop! How big is it? Is it insulated? I love the long vents up on the top...great idea! We need to add more vents in ours for sure.

6. mylilchix

The coop is 7x8. We have 22 chicks right now ranging in age from 3-5 weeks old. I have at least 4 roos in the group that will have to be culled so the numbers will be going down soon.

The vents run the length of 3 walls, and for now we screened in the pop door for more ventilation. The last few days have been super hot and I didn't want to overheat everyone while they're waiting for their run to be completed.

Sonja

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I thought is looked about the same as ours does...Ours is 8x8...if you want to see it, it's in my website which is linked in my avatar. Yours look great! I Love that long window too! Great idea! Mine love looking out their hen door, we have it screened in when we close them up for the night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by