Lil' Duplex Bantam Townhouse Coup/Run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by paddock36, Mar 13, 2009.

1. paddock36

paddock36 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I built this all my self. It is for a couple of Seramas I have and Japanese Bantams that I will be getting. It's 2 ft. tall by 4ft. wide by 8ft long. The rear of the coup opens as well as doors on the run for access. I also used some black gardening cloth as a separator so they won't try to fight through the wire. [​IMG] So what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    I made it from 1in x 2in x 8ft boards.
    [​IMG]
    And they can go under it for shade.
    [​IMG]
    One more picture showing the divider.
    [​IMG]

2. Eggs-Actly

Eggs-Actly Songster

Jul 22, 2008
    Daytona - Florida
    Wow! Fantastic! [​IMG] I'm in the middle of building our coop . . . . er, wait. . . . . I'm just "starting" to build our coop. It just feels like I'm in the middle of it because we've been planning it for months so it's been on my mind a lot.

I like the divider idea. I may have to incorporate that somehow into our design. There I go again - changing the building plans. No wonder I'm still at the "starting" stage.[​IMG]

3. birdlover

birdlover Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I love it for a daytime only residence. Do they have a safer place for overnight?

4. paddock36

paddock36 Songster

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    They can go in the little coop that is on the end at night. I do not have a predator problem and I have 6ft tall privacy fence, so they are very safe. I want to add a roost in there somewhere. I'm still working on that. Plus I'm going to add something else to protect the roof a little bit more. I actually have an EE bantam hen on the other side 'cause my other hens picked on her so I'm finding her a new home and she likes it too. Oh, in the coop there is also two nest boxes. So now if I can figure out where to put the big screen and the hot tub. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  5. B.CochinCrazy

B.CochinCrazy In the Brooder

Mar 12, 2009
    Looks Great!

Good for you!

Is that another tractor in the back I see? (second picture)

6. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Songster

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Good job [​IMG] Looks very nice!!

7. redoak

redoak Songster

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG] nice little coop and run

8. bantamman13

bantamman13 Songster

May 27, 2008
    That is a fantastic little run and I like the cloth divider you have used.

9. good job , looks great ! [​IMG]

10. lichick28

lichick28 Songster

Dec 31, 2008
    LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
    Dont take this the wrong way, its a nice coop & you have nice birds but you dont have any predators??? They can get under the run very easy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by