Lil' Duplex Bantam Townhouse Coup/Run

paddock36

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 24, 2008
Ocala, Florida
I built this all my self. It is for a couple of Seramas I have and Japanese Bantams that I will be getting. It's 2 ft. tall by 4ft. wide by 8ft long. The rear of the coup opens as well as doors on the run for access. I also used some black gardening cloth as a separator so they won't try to fight through the wire.
So what do you think?

I made it from 1in x 2in x 8ft boards.

And they can go under it for shade.

One more picture showing the divider.

Eggs-Actly

Songster
11 Years
Jul 22, 2008
Daytona - Florida
Wow! Fantastic!
I'm in the middle of building our coop . . . . er, wait. . . . . I'm just "starting" to build our coop. It just feels like I'm in the middle of it because we've been planning it for months so it's been on my mind a lot.

I like the divider idea. I may have to incorporate that somehow into our design. There I go again - changing the building plans. No wonder I'm still at the "starting" stage.

paddock36

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 24, 2008
Ocala, Florida
They can go in the little coop that is on the end at night. I do not have a predator problem and I have 6ft tall privacy fence, so they are very safe. I want to add a roost in there somewhere. I'm still working on that. Plus I'm going to add something else to protect the roof a little bit more. I actually have an EE bantam hen on the other side 'cause my other hens picked on her so I'm finding her a new home and she likes it too. Oh, in the coop there is also two nest boxes. So now if I can figure out where to put the big screen and the hot tub.

Last edited:

B.CochinCrazy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Looks Great!

Good for you!

Is that another tractor in the back I see? (second picture)

Top Bottom