lil giant "Still Air Incubator"

El Naked Neck

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Earth
i have 4 turkey eggs,right now,and waiting for some more in the mail,could somebody tell me the humidity gage,or what # should it be at,right now it is at 47,and if you have more tips please share i'm new at this thank you.

I have a lot of trouble keeping the humidity up in my LG. In fact, there is a thread about just that that I started a day or so ago. I have a wet paper towel in there, two bowls with washcloths in them, the trough in the middle is full, and the humidity in the room is about 50. The humidity in the LG is at 33. Go figure.
he.gif

My next step, when I get paid next month, is to send for the kit for a fan for the darn thing. Hopefully that will help.

I am not very good at putting things together, so I hope I can do it. It isn't supposed to be too hard. We'll see.

I will let everyone know if it helps.

Sorry, I guess that wasn't very helpful, except to say that yes, it is a problem.
sad.png

Catherine

thank you for answering.

well then my next question is what is the next best incubator,i really need to get one before my eggs get here . any sugestions, im just hattching for me i don't want a 500 to a 1000 egg incubator

Quote:
Just thought I would let you know that I found a fan on ebay for 9.99 plus 10.00 shipping (but was still cheaper than most I found). I have a hovabator 1602 but the fan says it will fit all styrofoam still air incubators. If you can't find it and want help, I will try to find it again on ebay and give you the link.

I've got three Genesis 1588s and the older version the 1590. They are good reliable incubators and hold 42 eggs apiece with a turner. I started out with a LG a long time ago. Fought it for a long time.....it was a very happy day when I drop kicked it into the trash!

I just purchased mine online from Cutler Supply a week or so ago for $155 with the auto egg turner... plus $20 for shipping... it was the best price I could find and they shipped it fast. I have my first batch of eggs in it right now.
smile.png
Amy

Quote:
hey katy where can i get some of those,the feed store i go to only carry the lil giant,

I've ordered mine from Cutlers Supply . They ship them quickly. You can also order them from GQF, the company who makes them.

Quote:
thank you guys i,m ordering right now
then i'll just wait fot Katy's egg to go on auction.
i wonder when that would be

Back
Top Bottom