Lil miss bald bottem

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickengal505, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    My mama hen has bad spots on her sides next to/ On her her thigh regon nothing im worryed about its just that i thought it was over breeding and now my roo's been gone for a while and the feathers are BROKEN and ragged on the tail and back area (deffenty over breeding he's been playing favorates) But hes been gone for over a month and no improvments... am i being a worry wart of is this strange but the bald spots are BALD not even bumps where her feathers should be...just soft wrinkly skin... P.S she's not a mama so its not a broody patch i gust call her mama because she's my only layer right now..

2. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    WAAAAAA Omg in ranting right now [​IMG] you all help sooooo many others and dont mind ANY of my posts No offence but i think you guys do it on purpose so all my hens died really many of my hens have been sick and i post on here desprite and she dies because no one posts... yes to day is i get to be two day and thow a temper tantrm... not blaming people for the deaths of my chickens here but people shure didn't try to help... im sorry i yelled im just emotionaly imbalanced at this time... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    PLEASE help meeeee im worryed and nobody cares about it... [​IMG] please help me i'll do the bunny dance!! [​IMG] OMG now im stress eating [​IMG] PLEASE someone post SOMTHING like hi or im sorry i cant help you or even i hate you i dont care what it is just someone post!!! [​IMG] Im begging on my knees here [​IMG]

4. turtlebird

turtlebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2009
    deep breath, chickengal! Whew! I understand the imbalance thing-y pretty well, myself.
    Ya, the roo can do a lot of damage to his fav ladies....but so can the ladies. I have some feather-breakin going on also, and a few with bare backs - No Roo. My alpha hen rules from the top of the pecking order with brute force. I don't know if this is common practice for alpha hens, or if each hen is as unique as a snowflake.
    You didn't give too much info about your flock, so I would suggest watching your flock for a bit. See where your hen sets in the pecking order. See who is pulling her feathers......if you have a bully in there, sometimes pulling them out of the flock for a few days helps a bit.
    I have two hens that shuffle through that bottom of the totem pole spot, and they look pretty tough. I tell them they are beautiful every single morning [​IMG] . They are my favorites.
    good luck

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  5. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I'm very sorry about you're bird, and to be honest I don't really know what is going on with her. Maybe her feed isn't high enough protien for her to grow her faethers back? Or she could be eggbound? If she is acting normally otherwise maybe it's nothing to worry about, but it would help if you could post a pic of the bald spot too.
    Good luck and God bless.

P.S. You should try posting this under a different title like "help, my chicken is going bald". When I first read the title I thought it wasn't anything serious.

6. Chickengal505

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    Well im sorry bout the low info but okay there goes shes at the top and kinnda mean to the others wont let them come nere her and im sorry about the title its just that i try to make people noteice the post iv'e been on here for close to a year and i can reconize many people's usernames and yet they dont know i exist... Im just worked up because i HAVE lost close 14 hens and a roo at one time and i REAllY dont want to lose any others... sniffle

7. Yessur Ebob

Yessur Ebob Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Sorry that people don't seem to notice you, I get that sometimes too. I lost one of my hens after posting on here too. She was eggbound but by the time someone helped me it was too late for her. I guess sometimes we just need to forgive and forget.

Anyways, is you're hen acting normal other than the bald spot, or is she acting differently? Also what breed is she and how old is she?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by