lilac runner duck

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sylverfly, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    I have what I believe is a lilac runner duckling, father was lavender and mother was chocolate, does anyone have any pics of lilac runners as ducklings and as adults, I’ll try and post pics of him sometime I have no batteries for my camera at the moment.

2. extraordinaryfowl

extraordinaryfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm sorry I can't help, but you may have more success posting in the duck section:)

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Are you sure that the father is pure Self-blue (Lavender)?

Self-blue (lavender) X Chocolate = 100% black ducklings, all carry pastel, drakelets will carry chocolate.
    Lilac (Blue-Fawn) X Chocolate = 50% chocolate ducklings, 50% lilac ducklings.
    Blue X Chocolate = 50% black, 50% blue ducklings, drakelets that carry chocolate.

Chris

4. Sylverfly

Sylverfly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    Northeastern Michigan
    He is either Lavender or Lilac I was told lavender he is not blue or splash he is a light greyish with a purple tint and orangish pink legs and beak. The duckling is a silvery grey and has a slight yellow tint with a darker head and a yellow chest and black beak and legs, so I thought he may be lilac since he had a different leg color then the father duck. I'm not good with genetics and thought chocolate+Lavender=Lilac I guess I was incorrect.

5. Kate McKae

Kate McKae Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2011
    So how does one get lavender?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by