1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Limbaugh calls woman a derogatory name for advocating birth control!?!? Did you guys see this?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RHRanch, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

2. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    A friend of mine told me about it. I don't listen to that guy - never have. He just doesn't impress me.

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Read it on the internet - refused to look at the video. The Princess is watching him on TV right now and is absolutely livid. I hear her threatening the television in the living room. [​IMG] The guy is a mega jerk!

4. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    The man is a circus clown. I think most people with common sense don't take him seriously. He is as out there as Ann Coulter. Every time their popularity begins to fade they come out with a new outrageous statement to bring attention on themselves. I mean come on, Rush was addicted to pills while at the same time suggesting we should execute all drug addicts or "send them up" I believe he said. He's nuts.

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Calling her hurtful names is bad but I do not see how it is a sexist attack though.

6. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Not sure how calling the woman a name is any different than calling Limbaugh a circus clown or a mega jerk. Calling people names isn't helpful. The woman testified before Congress that she felt taxpayers should pay so she can have sex. She said her fellow Georgetown law school students were "going broke" paying for birth control. $1000 a year for birth control is pretty expensive birth control. Condoms just don't cost that much. If she wants to be a responsible adult, then she can pay for her own birth control. Her argument is silly - and Limbaugh's response was silly, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  7. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    biggest troll on earth

8. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    She never asked tax payers to pay for birth control. She asked for birth control to be covered on insurance plans. Rush Limbaugh saying she is a prostitute and is asking to be paid for sex is horrible. That is like saying that someone who wants insurance coverage for a heart attack is asking to be paid for eating at high fat food and not exercising. He was so far out line it is unbelievable that anyone would defend him. Virtually every woman I know has been on birth control of some kind, paid for by their insurance companies...I guess every woman in America is a slut by Rush's definition.

It is a completely sexist attack...when was the last time any man was called a whore for having sex? For the most part, birth control is left entirely to the woman. To say that if she uses it; she is morally corrupt is hateful and heinous.

So egregious, so awful, so un-called-for and so malicious I can hardly fathom it.

What I saw when this woman spoke was someone very bright and very articulate, who argued her points very well. I predict she will be hired right out of law school, and will go far.

I predict this thread will be shut down within two pages, tops.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  9. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Well at my school no matter the gender you will be called a "whore".

10. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    It cost over 3000 a year to have the morals of an alley cat. Too bad, buy your own!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by