lime receipe for painting

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ladyearth, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    which receipe do yall use? to whitewash the inner coop... the old fence bds that make up the coop walls. I read prev on here get barn lime.. duh also read here and other places hydrated lime....
    I bought a 50 lb bag of barn lime other nite from TSC..... others sites say hydrated lime... Duh which one and best receipe? please
    so which is safer?
    need to know cause I wanna lime the walls before putting back up the new 1/4 plywood thats primed and will paint the paint over the primer in a few minutes... acrylic pt we bought a while back to cover the dark paneling in basement...
    Had Hubby and I take down the plywood cause it is lots easier to roll on paint on plywood while its laying on sawhorses
    thanks all

2. ladyearth

ladyearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    kentucky
    I followed that one with the lime, salt and borax. I prob put too much water. But it didnt blend. it was Junk. maybe I use the wrong kind of salt... I even took out some of the water It was like soupy concrete. Maybe somebody did it as a joke or left something out of te "receipe"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by