Limp chick

BYCforlife

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Mar 18, 2017
Canada
Today my chicks are 6 days old. I just checked on them a few minutes ago, and one is dying. It's extremely limp, I picked it up and its head just rolled around. Every few seconds it struggles, then goes limp again. This one is too far along to treat, but does anyone know if this is a disease or just the one chick?

I had something kinda similar happen. I got home after work on day 6 and called them. All but one came running. I lifted the warmer up and she was under there. Picked her up. She was super limp and cold. She'd do the gasping breaths and move her neck back and all that.

She was the only one. The rest of mine were totally healthy. Maybe you just got one weak chick like I did.

I had something kinda similar happen. I got home after work on day 6 and called them. All but one came running. I lifted the warmer up and she was under there. Picked her up. She was super limp and cold. She'd do the gasping breaths and move her neck back and all that.

She was the only one. The rest of mine were totally healthy. Maybe you just got one weak chick like I did.
Hopefully! Sorry about the loss of yours.

The rest look healthy, I'll keep a close eye on them.

I’m really sorry about yours too. Has it actually passed yet or still in the process of going?

It’s awful to have such a tiny baby die. I cried. Did yours have a name?
Sadly, it died. :( I hadn't named it, so it's not as hard then.

So far the rest are doing great. They're terrified of me, which I'm working on, but at least I can tell that they're all moving. :lau

So far the rest are doing great. They're terrified of me, which I'm working on, but at least I can tell that they're all moving. :lau
Mine are too. I swear. I feed them organic non-GMO food, talk to them, clean their pasty butts so they don't die, make them warm wet mash, eggs and nutridrench for an extra boost, pick them up daily and let them snuggle into me, always handle them gently, don't approach too fast and talk soothingly, and they still treat me like I'm a raccoon trying to murder them. I guess the tiny babies are kind of oblivious, but when they get a bit older the predator avoidance stuff kicks in. I used to coo out "Baaaaabieeees" and they'd come running out to see me. Now they all scramble and huddle together at the edges of the brooder. I have been promised that when I start giving them live mealworms this weekend they will love me again. I hope that's true. I am sad, lol.

Mine are too. I swear. I feed them organic non-GMO food, talk to them, clean their pasty butts so they don't die, make them warm wet mash, eggs and nutridrench for an extra boost, pick them up daily and let them snuggle into me, always handle them gently, don't approach too fast and talk soothingly, and they still treat me like I'm a raccoon trying to murder them. I guess the tiny babies are kind of oblivious, but when they get a bit older the predator avoidance stuff kicks in. I used to coo out "Baaaaabieeees" and they'd come running out to see me. Now they all scramble and huddle together at the edges of the brooder. I have been promised that when I start giving them live mealworms this weekend they will love me again. I hope that's true. I am sad, lol.
Mine were terrified of me when they first came (got them about 6 weeks old) 3 weeks on I'm their climbing frame. Love them!!

Back
Top Bottom