Limp of horror

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChcknGrl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ChcknGrl

ChcknGrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2012
    You know the story of "Bluebell and Buttercup friends forever"??? If not, read it! And comment. Well, Bluebell has a LIMP!:(:(:( Which i call the "Limp of horror because of how much i love him!!! HELP WHATA I DO???

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Hopefully Bluebell just injured her leg or foot and it will get better on it's own. Just check for swelling.

3. ChcknGrl

Dec 15, 2012
    I will..... I bet he slipped on ice while running to greet me....

4. ChcknGrl

Dec 15, 2012
    Bluebell's scales on his legs are starting to rip off... Should I be worried??? Tell me what ripping scales means, or if i should worry about them??? Until someone answers, I am going to worry!:(

5. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Is his leg/foot a differet color than normal? Are the scales raised or just missing?

If his foot looks very red it may be frost bite. If he is missing scales does it look like it may have been caught in something and possibly injured trying to free the leg?

6. ChcknGrl

Dec 15, 2012
    They are just starting to come off..... I don't know if frostbite would be the cause of scales starting to fall off??? We surely don't have ANYTHING he could get caught on!:( I am worried though.... What does scales starting to come off even mean???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by