limping 3 weeks now

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by llnmaw, Oct 6, 2011.

1. llnmaw

llnmaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Spokane, WA
    and seemingly no other issues.

To be concerned or not?

Chicken in question is 8 months old, laying regularly, shows up for meals, goes out to forage in the yard, out of the coop daily. But...she looks uncomfortable and is always the last one to show up. I watched her out today and she does toe touch weight bear while standing around pecking at the ground. Still gets up to the roost at night and down in the morning. The roost is about 2 feet off the ground.

I have done physical assessment and cannot find any apparent foot/leg wound, swelling, warmth.

She would hate it to be separated from the gang at night and I'm not sure where I would even put her.

Do something? Do nothing?

Any ideas what could be causing the limping for so long now?

~L.

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    checked my birds yesterday and had a similiar problem with one of my hens. At first I thought she was broody cause she wasn't moving and kinda just made weird noises when I touched her, picked her up and noticed she couldn't walk, she's not pecked, or hurt just doesn't walk... put her in a separate pen, hopefully she'll get better...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by