Limping and resting

Ree1121

Chirping
Jun 24, 2019
Hello All! So being new to the life with chickens. I have my littlest one Angel. A couple days ago she began limping. She was born March 10th. I looked up possibilities and what to do. Well she is too young for eggs. And I do not see signs of bumble foot. I soaked her in an Epsom salt bath and gave her 1/2 of baby aspirin. I am going to do the vaseline although I do not see mites. Using as a preventative. Is there anything else I could do to help her? The little black one is her.

Hello All! So being new to the life with chickens. I have my littlest one Angel. A couple days ago she began limping. She was born March 10th. I looked up possibilities and what to do. Well she is too young for eggs. And I do not see signs of bumble foot. I soaked her in an Epsom salt bath and gave her 1/2 of baby aspirin. I am going to do the vaseline although I do not see mites. Using as a preventative. Is there anything else I could do to help her? The little black one is her.
No photo here, post a link to your video if you have one, and a photo, close up as you can get, and of the poop, too. We have poop inspectors here somewhere @Texas Kiki ?

Another possibility,slipped tendon, look at her from the front...is her leg slightly cocked to one side, her foot out in front of her?

She may have just strained or sprained it.
I recommend rest.
Your video on your other thread did not work.

If limp is really bothering them by inhibiting their normal activities too much, I will isolate them in a crate to 'force' rest for a day or two. Letting them out late in day, an hour before roost time, to give them a stretch and evaluate their mobility, then decide if they need another day and put them back in crate off roost after dark. Repeat stretch and eval the next day until they are better. Keep crate in coop so bird can remain 'with' the flock.

Thank you will do..she gets around slowly and has white poop now..should I be concerned about that? She is eating and drinking. The others are not bothering her either

Hello All! So being new to the life with chickens. I have my littlest one Angel. A couple days ago she began limping. She was born March 10th. I looked up possibilities and what to do. Well she is too young for eggs. I looked for bumblefoot and see nothing nor mites. She is now pooping white poop. I soaked her in an Epsom salt bath and gave her 1/2 of baby aspirin. Is there anything else I could do to help her? The little black one is her.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/407781629769765?view=permalink&id=454651398416121

Hello All! So being new to the life with chickens. I have my littlest one Angel. A couple days ago she began limping. She was born March 10th. I looked up possibilities and what to do. Well she is too young for eggs. I looked for bumblefoot and see nothing nor mites. She is now pooping white poop. I soaked her in an Epsom salt bath and gave her 1/2 of baby aspirin. Is there anything else I could do to help her? The little black one is her.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/407781629769765?view=permalink&id=454651398416121
Sorry, I can not see facebook.

Back
Top Bottom