1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Limping Baby Chick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sony57, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Sony57

Sony57 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 17, 2014
    I have a baby barnevelder who is limping.

I purchased her and 5 others 1 week ago today.

I lost one of the five that she was purchased with last Tuesday. The one that passed had bloody stools that looked like raspberry jam...this seemed to be a strong sign of coccidiosis. I began treatment of Corid and everyone has seemed fine (except the one I lost as I figured out the coccidiosis thing too late for her).

I just noticed the limping about an hour ago and every time I check on her it seems worse. I do not see any signs of infection or bumble foot. Is this a vitamin deficiency because of the Corid? What should I do? I had three that were acting lethargic (one with bloody stools) when I began administering the Corid, She was one of the ones that was acting lethargic but has become more and more active ever since...until this!

Note: I have been giving 1.5 tsp of Corid powder in their water. It is mixed fresh every 24 hours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by