Limping Duck, Swollen Joints?

jocelyn86

In the Brooder
May 16, 2016
15A1444D-DE4F-4413-8DBC-C2D42ABD893E.jpeg
743D712A-C8FD-4534-9C03-D3E2B84A7155.jpeg
CAA1DF71-439A-49E3-B766-12ABE0D135C8.jpeg
One of my golden 300 hybrids started limping a couple of days ago. When looking at her foot , the only thing that appeared off was that her duclaw was very short. I figured she broke her duclaw off and wrapped it. A couple days later I caught her again to re-wrap and as you can see in the pictures, her right middle digit is swollen . The other picture is of the bottom of the affected foot. I cannot see any cuts that would indicate bumble foot. Any thoughts are much appreciated!!

Have you picked her up and examined the foot and leg for swelling or bumble under the foot any heat more so than the other leg? Redness? if you can walk behind them into a pen or their coop you might be able to pick her up with out having her get too stressed out.

Have you picked her up and examined the foot and leg for swelling or bumble under the foot any heat more so than the other leg? Redness? if you can walk behind them into a pen or their coop you might be able to pick her up with out having her get too stressed out.
no heat or redness-really the only things presenting are the visual swelling and the limp

Sure seems it's that toe is the problem can you do some Epsom salt soaks? just don't let her drink the ES water.Warm water mixes the salt real well.

Back
Top Bottom