Limping Goose...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by elizabethbinary, Jan 27, 2011.

1. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Tweedle Dum is limping. [​IMG] NOTHING else has changed. I caught her and flipped her over and felt her and nothing appears broken - and she doesn't have any sign of bumblefoot.

Should I be worried or just watch her and see if it continues?

2. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    im so sorry [​IMG] I know i freak out if one of my babies is limping. How long has it been going on? Id give her the day to rest up and check again tomorrow. My scovies have come hme a few times after fighting with the geese limping heavily and i always freak out and get all teary eyes. The best thing ive found to do is put them in an enclosure to lessen the bird walking on it too far and wait 24 hours. If the limp isnt gone then i start worrying.

3. Ozchicken1

Ozchicken1 New Egg

Sep 19, 2009
    I always worm my waterfowl if I notice any limping.

4. elizabethbinary

elizabethbinary Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Quote:24 hours...? [​IMG] It's been 4 days now she's been limping. When I grab her she fakes fine too so I can't feel for pain (guessing she's trying to not get predatored for it)... but I've felt her up (!) and doesn't seem busted/too hurt.

Why worm? Do they limp when they have worms?

Their butts have been extra saggy lately, but I thought maybe it was because they're jsut now starting to sexually mature.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by