limping goose?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
one of my ladies suddenely started limping 5 days ago..after 2 days i managed to catch her and cant find any injury to the foot leg. she can run if needs to (or if she sees the food coming!) but for the rest she sits a lot or hobbles around.
its not got any better nor has it got any worse....do i just leave her out there and keep an eye on things or does she need o be caged to restrict movement?

massage the leg i did it for my gander that was limping for about a week and a half and i started massaging it and eventually it got better, could be just a sore muscle or something.

As long as she's continuing to eat and drink just watch her. I have had many of my geese start limping and can't see any outward injury. They are usually back to normal within a couple weeks. I did have one gosling recently who I thought had hurt his foot. Turned out he had an infection which makes them lame but he was obvously sick too as he stopped eating and lost weight rapidly. On the other occasions all my geese continue to eat and drink like normal, they just limp around.

If shes anything like my gander then it's amazing he hasn't hurt himself. He never looks where he's going always has his head in the air
lol.png
he'll step into the water buckets and even tramp on other ducks and chickens because he doesn't look where h's going.
ep.gif
everyone pretty much knows to get out of the way when they see Sammy coming.

Back
Top Bottom