Limping squeaker

knowvagale

Songster
Apr 24, 2020
Austin, Texas
I have a two squabs a little over 4 weeks old, when I let them out this morning to peck around in the garden I noticed one of them had a pretty bad limp, avoiding putting too much weight on one leg, kind of hopping around. Was wondering if I should try to get him to the vet or just monitor it for a few days, is this an issue that will likely resolve on its own or will he be crippled if I don't intervene? Would hate to see him hobble around on a messed up leg all his life.

I have a two squabs a little over 4 weeks old, when I let them out this morning to peck around in the garden I noticed one of them had a pretty bad limp, avoiding putting too much weight on one leg, kind of hopping around. Was wondering if I should try to get him to the vet or just monitor it for a few days, is this an issue that will likely resolve on its own or will he be crippled if I don't intervene? Would hate to see him hobble around on a messed up leg all his life.
I think I would observe it for a few days. Update here with what you see. I suspect it will resolve. Best wishes!
@sourland , @Old_Strain_Lover ? ?

Back
Top Bottom