Lingering half closed eye (one side only)

Chickabee22484

Chirping
Jan 6, 2018
My flock got decimated a few weeks back (60 days-ish) by what I suspect was a racoon. I lost 21 birds and had 2 healthy ones and 3 in shock birds left. I brought back all 3 in shock birds but one of them still has an eye that is half shut. It's opened up about 50% since the attack so she is healing. She's back out with the rest of the girls now however, I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with this type of symptom. She's not acting unhealthy, does all the normal chicken things (even started laying eggs again), eats, scratches etc. I'm just wondering if there's something more I should be doing for her. Thanks!

Doesn't sound as if it is impacting her quality of life. There may be some slight neurological or physical damage that will take longer to repair, or she may be like that for the rest of her life. If things start going backwards then you may want to look into an ophthalmic antibiotic ointment.

Doesn't sound as if it is impacting her quality of life. There may be some slight neurological or physical damage that will take longer to repair, or she may be like that for the rest of her life. If things start going backwards then you may want to look into an ophthalmic antibiotic ointment.
I really hope so, she really seems ok, but the eye just worried me. I have some eye ointment in my first aid kit that I will keep at the ready!

Back
Top Bottom