Link of Poultry Processors by State

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by sparkles2307, May 13, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Not only are you awesome, you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wonderful. Thanks!!!!!

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I didn't see one for Indiana, ah well! Thanks for posting it though, I am sure it will help many!

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Well the only one in Arkansas listed is a four hour drive. [​IMG]

I guess I could post to Craigslist for an experienced individual processor. With all of the old timers living here in Benton, I'm almost positive I could find someone willing to do the deed....when the deed needs to be done.

5. ltlchicken

ltlchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    tai hung in houston is no longer a usda inspected processing site.

there are two other places in houston that i know of:

harris country farms near crosby off of miller road #3 near the beltway.

my neighbor. i can never remember his places name but he's state inspected. he's on the south side of houston off of 288 and county road 48.

they both do a great job. very clean. and it's $3 per chicken. they also do turkeys, etc for a larger fee.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

I did more googling after originally posting this, and found that by searching for "custom poultry procsessing" in my state I found a fount of information that is proving very helpful! Try googling things like that in your area.

7. Gunswayne

Gunswayne Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Beasley, TEXAS
    Quote:Any more information that you can give on these locations would be greatly appriciated!

8. ltlchicken

ltlchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    my neighbor, muhammed, does a great job. he did 100 the other day for a 4H group. he charges $3 per bird and his number is 713.459.3556. the only thing he doesn't do is pigs. i normally drop off the birds and my ice chest filled with ice and come back a couple hours later since he lives only 5 min from me. please let him know michele gave you his number.

harris country farms is a very large facility, very clean and does everything and will cut up the chicken into quarters for free, will separate legs, gizzards, liver, etc. they are $3 a bird. last time we did 60 birds and it took only just over an hour. we waited for our birds since i'm 45 min from this processor. Address: 15378 Miller Road 1, Houston, TX, 77049 Phone: (281) 452-3250

both of these places you need to bring your cooler with ice.

i've never been to the asian place. their info is on that link.

9. Gunswayne

Gunswayne Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2009
    Beasley, TEXAS
    Thanks Michele! Just what I needed!

10. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I wish there was one in Utah, but I know I called around last year looking everywhere and didn't find anyplace that would do chickens. *sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by