1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Got a quick question that I can't find the answer to.....sorry if its listed somewhere

When referencing a "link" in a message, how to I give the link a name, like "Find it here" (for example), instead of it showing up as a web address, i.e. http//www......blah, blah, blah

Its probably very simple but this technologically challenged Pollack can't figure it out

Many thanks in advance!!

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Can I piggy back on this with a related question: I am not a Pollack but I am blond[​IMG] and I want to know how do I put a link to a forum in a post? Can someone hold my hand and walk me through that? Thanks.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you type the text you want linked, highlight it and click the hyperlink icon (globe with a chain link)
    A dialog box will come up and you can paste your link there.

4. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Ok, this is a test

Here

I think it worked!!!

Thanks

5. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    Sorry, I am technically challenged. I type what I want here in the reply box but where do I go to search for/copy the "link" I want? Do I need to have it copied before I begin typing? Do I copy from the http: on the top of the window? Or is there somewhere else that shows the link?

6. Puddin Fluff

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
  7. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    I don't think there is, because you have to copy the url of whatever you want to link to. I don't know any other way to copy a url. (I'm not blond but I might as well be, as far as computers are concerned!)

I just have two tabs open. That way, while I have to leave the box I'm typing in, I don't have to close it, and can just click the tab and instantly return to it. (I hope that helps.)

8. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by