Linoleum on floor of coop

I just use staples for mine And then I used wood glue to put trim along the edges since I can’t seem to cut a straight line. LOL. I didn’t want to glue all of the linoleum in case I wanted to pull it out and hose it down or just completely replace it over a certain amount of time. I didn’t have linoleum in my old cute but we have one in the one we just built and now I will always have it. Huge protection for the wood floor

There are some types of linoleum that has a sticky bottom, we used that type to put in my families kitchen. I’m thinking of putting linoleum in my chicken coop but I can’t decide if that’s what I want to do or not.

I guess it would depend on how much moisture is able to get into your coop. If rain can get in there it could get between the cracks to the wood but if it stays pretty dry in there it could work. But if you ever want to replace it it might not come up so easily and you wouldn’t be able to take it out and hose it down which you could always just take a sponge mop in there. I like regular linoleum because it’s easy to get a hold of it for very cheap or sometimes for you

I used a single sheet of heavy duty foam backed vinyl flooring, so it would bend without cracking, and just tacked it where it went up the wall.

What should I use to attach the linoleum to the floor of the coop?
Mine was at first just friction fitted worked good with pine shavings. My coop is only 4x8 and later on I cut the linoleum into 2 pieces and placed a wire grid over it similart to the photo (the wire is 2" grid size of a pencil and can support me). It forms a drop pit held up by 4"x4" blocks in my case and the coop has no litter works "GREAT". Keeps chicken feet clean which intern keeps my nest boxes cleaner as well as the eggs.

Grid Floor.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom