Lionheads, Velvet Lions and Mini Rex ~ Adults and Lionheads ~ PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by countryluvbunny, Mar 30, 2011.

1. countryluvbunny

countryluvbunny Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2007
    Suburbs of Pittsburgh,PA
    We have 3 pedigree blue eyed carrier sport lionhead babies, all bucks. There are 4 blue eyed Velvet Lion babies, all does. We also have (2) adult blue eyed sport Lionhead does or can sell with blue eyed sport buck as trio. There are (2) REW Mini Rex does and a booted castor baby, not sure of sex. All are priced at $25 each, will take $60 for the trio of Lionheads.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:First of all [​IMG]

I've never heard of Velvet lions. Do you have pics? How do they make them?

Also what does "booted" castor mean?

Would love to have BEW mini rex. I've never seen that variety in MR.
    Need pics. badly. [​IMG]

3. zookeeper15133

zookeeper15133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    SW PA
    What is sport lionhead? We really need pix!

4. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Where are you located in PA?

5. countryluvbunny

Mar 28, 2007
    Suburbs of Pittsburgh,PA
    I would've loved to add pictures, but I don't know how [​IMG] Velvet Lions are a new breed created from lionheads and mini rex. They have mini rex fur and manes like a lionhead. We are located in Western Pa between Butler and Pittsburgh. All bunnies have been sold, but we have a litter of mini plush lops that will be ready in 5 weeks and will breed more velvet lions or lionheads if the interest is here.

6. countryluvbunny

Mar 28, 2007
    Suburbs of Pittsburgh,PA
    Booted castor means that they have 90% color and some white on their face and boots on their feet. BEW mini rex are actually showable right now, so they are becoming very popular. We don't have those yet. We have BEW Lionheads and Velvet Lions. A sport is a BEW carrier that has mismarked white patches somewhere on the body. Quite often they come out with dutch markings. Check out my sons website to see some of them ammrabbitry.webs.com.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by