Liquid coming from beak

Cjjap

Hatching
Mar 2, 2020
Hi everyone, we have a hen (3 years old, Barred Rock). A couple months ago, we went out and she was wheezing like she was asthmatic, we kept an eye again. I personally thought she wouldn’t make it through the night...and thankfully she did! Never any eye or nose discharge, comb was maybe a little pale, and she was slower than the rest of the flock. Fast forward to last week...she is still quiet, but not wheezing any longer, now she has a liquid coming from her beak when she stands upright or we pick her up. She feels lighter than her “sisters”, she’s still eating and pooping normal...could this be sour crop? If you don’t think it is, any ideas?? Thanks!!

Hi everyone, we have a hen (3 years old, Barred Rock). A couple months ago, we went out and she was wheezing like she was asthmatic, we kept an eye again. I personally thought she wouldn’t make it through the night...and thankfully she did! Never any eye or nose discharge, comb was maybe a little pale, and she was slower than the rest of the flock. Fast forward to last week...she is still quiet, but not wheezing any longer, now she has a liquid coming from her beak when she stands upright or we pick her up. She feels lighter than her “sisters”, she’s still eating and pooping normal...could this be sour crop? If you don’t think it is, any ideas?? Thanks!!
Welcome To BYC

It does sound like she has a crop issue. Make sure to check her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks - this is the best way to check crop function.
Let us know what you find out.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Does she still lay eggs?
Photos of your hen and her poop?

Welcome To BYC

It does sound like she has a crop issue. Make sure to check her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks - this is the best way to check crop function.
Let us know what you find out.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Does she still lay eggs?
Photos of your hen and her poop?
She hasn’t laid since she started with the wheezing, we have 5 hens and in a normal day we get 3 eggs..I will try to get a picture of her today. She will be getting some scrambled eggs this morning with some yogurt, I will try to get some pics of her.

Back
Top Bottom